Could loot boxes become the next big age restriction challenge? Opposition is gathering steam. In Belgium, loot boxes were banned in 2018, while in the Netherlands, a motion to ban has received [...]
Do I Need a Vape Age Verification Solution?
UK law is clear that selling vapes, e-cigarettes or e-liquids to young people under the age of 18 is illegal.
Online stores, therefore, need to be able to unambiguously verify the age of their customers before proceeding to sale, in order to be legal. The AgeChecked vape age verification solutions will allow you to:
- Meet requirements with an efficient and secure age verification
- Avoid a £2,500 fine for selling vape products to under 18’s
- Utilise a seamless age verification process
Want to see how the AgeChecked system works? Book a demo now
Fast and Easy
AgeChecked has developed a solution that is designed to offer a fast and easy service to customers.
Most important we tailor our age verification services to the needs of both the business and their customers. For example, we are able to offer CSV Batch Upload, Client API or self-verification.
Do you Have Details of your Customers?
Even if you have very basic contact information for your customers – we can use that information to age verify them.
If we don’t find a match in our existing database, we will then be able to provide alternative methods for them to verify.
Give your business extra protection by joining the AgeChecked Co-ordinated Partnership Scheme.
Solutions for Vaping Retailers
This is our easiest approach to age verification requiring no integration and performed at any point after the sale is complete. A simple method of age verification allows you to upload all customer details via a csv file, which will produce a list of results verifying which customers have passed or failed the age check. Each failed check will produce a secondary verification method which can be sent to the customer to offer alternative methods of verifying their age.
- Simplest method, no integrations or plugins required
- Secondary failover service gives the customer further opportunities to AV, giving the client a higher chance for purchases to be processed
This secure check takes place in the background when the customer has filled in their personal details during the sales or onboarding process. AgeChecked will verify the customer’s details to ensure that the customer is over the required age. This provides a very seamless and effective solution to age verification.
- Best for retailers working with large volumes of customers
- Keeps the customer in your retail environment, whilst the API calls our services for a quick result
- Has no effect on customer journey or experience as run in the background
A pop-up verification which can be triggered at any point throughout your customer’s user journey. Offers a range of verification methods for your customer to select from and once they have been positively verified, the customer can save their details with AgeChecked ensuring that they don’t need to verify again on returning to your site. The results from this take seconds, so offers a very streamlined and secure option to age verify.
- Customers can choose from a range of verification methods
- Ensures a high match rate first time to drive a higher number of verified customers through to purchase.
Client API Premium
A combination of two AgeChecked methods – Client API + Consumer Gateway – offering an increased chance of the customer successfully age verifying with immediate results and little disruption as possible to the user experience. If the customer fails to successfully pass the age verification at checkout, then they will be presented with the Consumer Gateway allowing them to choose a further method to verify their age.
- Our most comprehensive age verification option
- Eliminates any manual work for the client
- A great choice for retail clients as it enables you to get the age verification process completed efficiently, so orders can be dispatched as soon as possible