Restrictions to Selling Knives Online
More vendors are selling knives online than ever before, which can, of course, cause complications when it comes to verifying ages.
It is illegal to sell knives to anyone who is underage. If you are an online retailer, you are responsible for ensuring that you are selling your product to consumers who are of a legal age. If you offer a seamless and streamlined age verification service – this will ensure you are remaining compliant and legal, without causing problems to your bottom-line.
- The UK Government are currently reviewing the online sale and delivery of knives
- You can be 100% confident using our software that you aren’t selling to underage consumers
- Illegal sale of knives can lead to a 6-month prison sentence and/or an unlimited fine
Do you have questions? Contact our sales team to find out more
A 2-Stage Verification Process
Knife crime is still most definitely a problem in the UK, as such, it’s in all our interests to ensure that knives are only purchased by adults who use them responsibly.
In order to do your part, you can integrate the AgeChecked solution at the point of sale. This means there will be a safeguard ensuring everyone is at least of the legal age. The safeguard of requiring customers to collect knives in person or proof of age on delivery, then becomes the second stage of a simple, streamlined process.
- Protect your business
- Ensure you are fully compliant with the law
- Implement a responsible sales practice
What Do I Do to Get Started?
We make everything simple at AgeChecked. Once you sign up, it will take no longer than 48 hours to get you set up so you can start selling your product without any additional worry.
There are various pricing tiers that you can select from for ease – and this will be based on volume and your monthly requirements. If you’d like to discuss a secure age verification solution for the online sale of knives – then please get in touch.
Solutions for Knife Retailers
This is our easiest approach to age verification requiring no integration and performed at any point after the sale is complete. A simple method of age verification allows you to upload all customer details via a csv file, which will produce a list of results verifying which customers have passed or failed the age check. Each failed check will produce a secondary verification method which can be sent to the customer to offer alternative methods of verifying their age.
- Best for retailers working on third-party platforms such as eBay
- Simplest method, no integrations or plugins required
- Secondary failover service gives the customer further opportunities to AV, giving the client a higher chance for purchases to be processed
This secure check takes place in the background when the customer has filled in their personal details during the sales or onboarding process. AgeChecked will verify the customer’s details to ensure that the customer is over the required age. This provides a very seamless and effective solution to age verification.
- Best for retailers working with large volumes of customers
- Keeps the customer in your retail environment, whilst the API calls our services for a quick result
- Has no effect on customer journey or experience as run in the background
A pop-up verification which can be triggered at any point throughout your customer’s user journey. Offers a range of verification methods for your customer to select from and once they have been positively verified, the customer can save their details with AgeChecked ensuring that they don’t need to verify again on returning to your site. The results from this take seconds, so offers a very streamlined and secure option to age verify.
- Customers can choose from a range of verification methods
- Ensures a high match rate first time to drive a higher number of verified customers through to purchase.
A combination of two AgeChecked methods – Client API + Consumer Gateway – offering an increased chance of the customer successfully age verifying with immediate results and little disruption as possible to the user experience. If the customer fails to successfully pass the age verification at checkout, then they will be presented with the Consumer Gateway allowing them to choose a further method to verify their age.
- Our most comprehensive age verification option
- Eliminates any manual work for the client
- A great choice for retail clients as it enables you to get the age verification process completed efficiently, so orders can be dispatched as soon as possible