Demoslot Review of AgeChecked
At Demoslot.com, we’re dedicated to providing the safest possible browsing and gaming experience for our visitors. We do this by making sure that we’re using the latest technologies and following best practices for our industry, and that’s what we’re going to be talking about today.
Because we operate in a regulated industry, we’re required by law to ensure that people are legally old enough to access our services. This is a legal requirement, but it’s also the moral thing to do. For us, we look at it as part of our commitment to keeping people safe and ensuring that their browsing and gaming experience is as pleasurable as possible.
To do this, we use a company called AgeChecked, and in today’s article, we’re going to take a closer look at how that works and what it means for you. We’ll also include a TL;DR at the end of each section where we’ll summarise what we’ve talked about in case you don’t have time to read the full thing.
Let’s get started!
Why We Work With AgeChecked
One of the reasons why we work with AgeChecked is that we know they take their responsibility seriously. They work across a range of different industries including those where it’s important to prevent underage shoppers from buying age-restricted goods.
We’ve seen from experience that they take their job very seriously. Given that AgeChecked is able to identify and screen out underage consumers without damaging eCommerce conversion rates or stopping people from shopping, they seemed like the perfect fit for what we needed to do.
We know that the vast majority of people who try to use Demoslot are of legal age, and the last thing we want is to put them off by placing too many barriers in their way. At the same time, it’s also important for us to put measures in place to stop people from accessing our slots if they’re not an appropriate age.
It’s a delicate balancing act, but AgeChecked makes it a whole lot easier. In fact, it has more options available than any other provider of age verification software, which is good news for people who use our site because it’s easier for them to pass the verification process. Multiple different forms of identification are accepted and so it’s not just a case that if you don’t have your passport handy, you’re out of luck.
This means that logging in and playing our slots is as quick and easy as possible. In today’s fast-paced environment, people are looking for instant gratification, and they don’t want to have to delay it by filling out a ton of forms to verify their account. AgeChecked means that we can keep things simple while still doing our bit to make sure that people are of a suitable age to access the site.
TL;DR: AgeChecked has a lot of experience at age verification, including for online stores that sell age-restricted goods. They take their responsibility very seriously, but they also don’t put so many barriers in the way that they put legitimate visitors off. They accept multiple different forms of ID and remember visitors once they’ve verified their age so that they don’t have to keep verifying themselves every time they visit.
Another great reason to trust AgeChecked is the number of certifications that they have from influential organisations within the industry. Just a few of those certifications include:
- Open Identity Exchange (OIX): The OIX community was created to bring people together across the ID sector to allow them to create standards and guidance to help people to develop inter-operable, trusted identities.
- PCI Security Standards Council: The PCI Security Standards Council aims to boost the security of global payment account data by developing and supporting standards and services. By doing this, they’re able to provide education, awareness and better implementation.
- Association of Sites Advocating Child Protection (ASACP): The ASACP is a non-profit organisation that was founded in 1996 to foster protection for children online. It’s all about helping to stop children from accessing age-restricted content on the internet.
- EURIM Digital Policy Alliance: The Digital Policy Alliance (EURIM) is the politically-neutral, cross-party voice for the internet and technology sector. They make it their mission to alert policy makers to the potential impacts and implications of policy changes – particularly the unforeseen and unintended consequences that it takes a tech specialist to be aware of.
- Age Verification Provider Association: This non-profit organisation represents organisations like AgeChecked.com that provide age assurance services. This covers both age verification and age estimation, with the board of directors drawn from its numerous member organisations.
- Information Security Management ISO 27001 Certified: This is a voluntary type of certification that’s designed to reinforce that an organisation is keeping information-based assets secure. The ISO/IEC 27000 family enables organisations to safely and securely manage assets like financial information, intellectual property, employee details or third-party information.
- PAS Online Age Checking Compliant 1296: Officially known as PAS 1296:2018 this is a code of practice for companies that provide online age verification. Developed by the British Standards Institute and the Digital Policy Alliance, it’s a publically available specification that’s designed to help companies that provide age-restricted products and services.
- Greater Manchester Regulatory Centre of Excellence Primary Authority Partner: As a primary authority partner, AgeChecked.com helps businesses within the greater Manchester area to ensure that they’re fully compliant with minimum age requirements.
All of this means that by trusting AgeChecked for our age verification, we’re following a best practice that’s been supported by some of the most well-known and respected organisations in the online safety space. If it’s good enough for them, it’s good enough for us!
TL;DR: We trust AgeChecked because they have a number of well-respected certifications including Open Identity Exchange (OIX), PCI Security Standards Council, Association of Sites Advocating Child Protection (ASACP), EURIM Digital Policy Alliance, Age Verification Provider Association, Information Security Management ISO 27001 Certification and PAS Online Age Checking 1296 Compliance. They’re also a Greater Manchester Regulatory Centre of Excellence Primary Authority Partner.
How AgeChecked Works
Because AgeChecked has access to a huge number of different data points, they’re able to verify visitors’ information to provide a super high likelihood that visitors are who they say they are. We’ve come a long way from the early days of the internet, when people could just add ten years to their birth date and that would be enough for them to bypass an age check.
These days, it’s more important than ever to ensure that a website visitor is who they say they are and that they’re old enough to access age-restricted websites. If nothing else, it can stop the site from being fined and even taken down for breaking regulations. In our case, a big part of why we focus on getting age verification right is so that we can continue to operate for all of our legitimate visitors.
One of the great things about AgeChecked is that it’s not just a case of one-size-fits-all. They don’t just have one form of age verification that you have to either take or leave – they have a whole bunch of different solutions that are designed for different types of business. That meant that we could pick and choose and go with the level of verification that works best for us.
They also go out of their way to make the process as smooth as possible for website visitors so that they can quickly and easily verify their age. For you, this means that you don’t have to wait for ages to start playing our demo slots.
We should also remind you that AgeChecked takes data protection seriously, using tokenisation to ensure that all data is kept anonymous. They don’t store any personal data, wiping it from their servers as soon as they’ve confirmed a visitor’s age or identity.
AgeChecked works across a whole bunch of different sectors that require age and identity verification. Some of their key sectors include online gambling, pharmaceuticals, adult entertainment and online retailers that sell products like alcohol or electronic cigarettes.
This experience showed us that AgeChecked was more than capable of providing the functionality that we needed. It made a lot more sense (and was much more cost-effective) than building that functionality out ourselves, and we’re all about saving money. When we can save money on something like this, it’s ultimately our users that benefit the most.
TL;DR: AgeChecked uses a whole bunch of different data points to verify people’s ages and identities. With that said, they don’t store any information on their servers and go the extra mile to ensure that people’s data is 100% secure. They also work across a number of different regulated industries, and so it was pretty clear that they knew what they were doing. By using their software instead of developing our own, we were able to save money and time that could be better spent on catering to DemoSlots’ users.
Why We Like AgeChecked
For us, one of the best things about AgeChecked is that they don’t store users’ data. It’s similar to how most modern VPNs don’t keep logs and so their users can browse the internet in the knowledge that the VPN couldn’t access their browsing history even if they wanted to. AgeChecked doesn’t want to view your information, but even if they did, they wouldn’t be able to.
The same is true for ourselves. We don’t store records of visitors’ ages, and we purely use this data to ensure that visitors are legally of age to access our demo slots.
Some of the biggest advantages of AgeChecked include:
- It’s fully anonymous and secure: As we explained earlier in this article, AgeChecked is totally anonymous, and their system doesn’t store any personal data. They couldn’t access your information if they wanted to, and if the worst came to the worst and they were hacked, the attackers wouldn’t be able to either.
- It uses a variety of data sources: AgeChecked uses more verification methods and has access to more data sets than any other provider. All of these data sources are permissioned only, allowing them to get the balance right between accessing the necessary data and ensuring that they’re not breaking privacy laws.
- It has a super smooth onboarding process: AgeChecked has the smoothest onboarding experience of all of the different providers that we looked at. We want to ensure that people are of a legal age, but we also don’t want to negatively affect visitor experience.
TL;DR: AgeChecked doesn’t store users’ data, making it a fully anonymous and secure option for checking visitors’ ages. It uses multiple different data sources and has the smoothest onboarding process that we’ve come across.
Age verification is going to become more and more prominent in our online lives, but at the same time, developments like the European Union’s GDPR show that data security and privacy are as important as ever. Because of this, there’s going to be a real need for services like AgeChecked that allow people to confirm their ages without storing any personal data.
AgeChecked works for a number of businesses across a wide range of different industries, and another of the useful features that they have is that once you’ve registered with them, you can use your ID to verify your age across any other website that uses the same service.
The same goes for our site: you only have to verify your age once and then we won’t ask you to do it again. You can just sign in with your usual credentials and start playing. This makes it the most intuitive solution that we know of and helps to save you time and effort when you just want to get playing.
AgeChecked is just one of the many different technologies that we use to keep our site and our users as safe as possible. It’s all about providing you with the best possible experience while playing our slots. We hope you enjoy!
Article by Nigel Hall
23 years Gambling Industry Experience